Friday, November 11, 2011

We have mostly been reading

This week we have mostly been reading...

"Construction for Landscape Architecture" by  Robert Holden and Jamie Liversedge, and when I say reading I of course mean thumbing through looking at the pictures. Whilst thumbing my eyes were immediately drawn to the double page spread pictured here. As a lover of construction terminology, who has vowed to call his first born 'Spigot' or 'Nominal Chamfer' if it's a girl, these pages got me quite excited. 

Although it doesn't cover all  nails and screws it is certainly a good starting point for any fixings novice. I would like to have seen security and anti tamper fixing covered as this is often an area which causes confusion. 

When I write my book "Fixings: 1995 to 2015 the glory years" I will include security fixings and all other bases missed by this otherwise excellent book.  

Simeon

No comments:

Post a Comment